Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22" Bull barrel 1-9 twist, extractor. Less than 150 rds through it, new when I traded for it about a year ago. Great barrel, seemed to like 62 gr handloads. Would shoot less than 1" if I did my part. Will not have the scope mount, need it for another rifle. No problems with bore, finish, or rust.

$100 shipped to lower 48

Thanks,
Bobby

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 223 Bull barrel

Seems like these sell like hotcakes until I post one!

·
Super Moderator
51,243 Posts

It probably would have sold sooner if it was an ejector, extractor barrels aren't as popular, but it'll sell sooner or later, and it's a bull barrel, that's a plus ;)

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts

will have to see what coins will shake out of piggy bank first, but can some of ya,ll explain the difference in ejectors and extractors and why one is less desirable than the other?

·
Super Moderator
51,243 Posts

wildvee2002 said:
will have to see what coins will shake out of piggy bank first, but can some of ya,ll explain the difference in ejectors and extractors and why one is less desirable than the other?
See the Centerfire forum topic on ejectors or extractors.

Tim

·
Banned
766 Posts

My first post ,

I'm interested in this barrel . was wondering if she is still available ?

And my next question is the lock up to a reciever that it wasnt fitted for , will this be a problem or no ? ... im sure it is posted somewhere here I have yet to find it heh ... Takes some time to go through all this good data I'm finding here in the handi forums :)

Thnx in advance for your response

P.S. Also wondering where you are located ? I'm in the Arkansas area myself

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts

Welcome aboard Default, most barrels can be fit to most proper receivers (rifle barrels to rifle receivers, shotgun barrels to shotgun OR rifle receivers) by the owner if he is fairly handy and likes to tinker. Also, not always but quite often, a barrel from the same years production will fit a receiver from that same (or close) years production fairly well. It is not guaranteed but works out more than not, no real big problem anyway, just read the FAQ's about barrel fitting and any questions ask here, you WILL get a timely response. If the fit does not work out for you and you have not butchered the barrel underlug you can always sell the barrel here and then buy and try another, or buy 2 or 3 keep the one that fits best and resell the others for what you paid for them, if you are willing to just eat the first one way shipping cost to you I am sure you will get a barrel that shoots great and fit your receiver perfectly also....<><....:)

·
Banned
766 Posts

Thnx MSP ,

Like i mentioned i have been going through alot of data here in the forums (including the FAQs) to make up my mind to weither or not i wanted to buy the 357 mag NEF handi i picked up last week .... well it wasnt the exact one i wanted heh ... but it was a caliber i had considered due to what i normally hunt in my area of the world

But i had cofidence that if i asked the question someone would speak up lol .... so i do appreciate the response to my question

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Default,

Thanks for the interest in the barrel. Yes it is still for sale at this time. I'm located in Louisiana, north of Baton Rouge.

Thanks
Bobby

·
Banned
766 Posts

Bobby,

Thnx for the response ... well if you would have no problem with me sending the funds off not this friday but the friday after next then i would like to take it off your hands .... and close as baton rouge is i'm thinking it wouldnt be close enough to warrant the drive with gas as it is ... My Email is [email protected] if you would be ok with the ETA on funds for the buy so as to discuss how you would like to make the transaction smooth for both of us ..

Again Thnx

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Default,

PM headed your way.

Bobby

·
Registered
44,135 Posts

revbc;
If I didn't already have the bull barrel in .223, I would be speaking up for it !

·
Banned
766 Posts

Bobby message recieved and I'll take it !(see Quick i do read around ;) hehe)

Be sending that off friday the 16th .... again much thnx for your help with me on this ..

·
Registered
110 Posts

North of Baton Rouge??? PM sent.

·
Banned
766 Posts
Bobby ,

Email sent

·
Banned
766 Posts
Funds sent ,

Regards ,

·
Banned
766 Posts
Barrel received ;D,

Bobby thanks again for the smooth transaction, I'm looking for to some range time ... will let everyone know how it does ..

Regards,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts