Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this .223 handi kickin around for awhile and haven't shot it much but decided I would start working with it and working on a load. Took several hundred of the 36gr varmint grenades in on a trade last year sometime so I figured I would start there. I started working up in .5 increments and at 26gr of 4198 I found the sweet spot. Now, I only have 70 yards to shoot so it is not a true 100 yard group but I am thrilled. All said and done it was 3 shots-.121"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Great shooting!!

4198 can work well for sure!

My fav loading for accuracy wS proven yet again. This time to myself! I picked up a Mossberg MVP in 223 and my load shot under 1/4" @ 100!

H322 powder, BR primer and a 52/53g match boolit. WOW, ITS EVEN TIGHTER THAN YOURS @ 50 yards

Have fun!

CW

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
So was your group. Great shooting.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
OldSchoolRanger said:
So was your group. Great shooting.
Agreed!! To BOTH comments!!

Three shots on each target...

50 yards:

100 Yards :

CW

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Good shooting, the gun does not do it all. You should be able to do the same thing at 100 yards. With practice 200 to 250 yards is not out of the question. Your chest will swell when you knock over a Coyote at 200 yards.

I use 55gr Nosler Ballistic Points in front of one of the RL powders (can't remember which one, all my notes are still in storage). I get comparable groups at 100 yards. I'm shooting an Ultra .223 with a brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts