Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the twist rate on the Hunter 223 is? Thinking about getting one for my daughter. Also can you swap stocks from youth to adult. They have opened an Academy sports nearby and got to handle a hunter. I was impressed with it especially at that price range.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i wrote to them some time back
about bringing out a 30/30 and
they said they'd look into it.
i guess they didn't care for the idea.
everyone i've known that had a
cva rifle was pleased with it

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yep, 30-30 would probably be more popular than the 35 Remington. And a lot cheaper and easier to find ammo for it.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Sheridan5mm said:
Yep, 30-30 would probably be more popular than the 35 Remington. And a lot cheaper and easier to find ammo for it.
since it would be their market, you think they'd be all over it. oh well. . . .

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I've also considered the Hunter in either 243 or 7-08. Nice and light with a low hammer.

Do those come with the DNZ mount?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Ranger99 said:
Sheridan5mm said:
since it would be their market, you think they'd be all over it. oh well. . . .
The 35 must be legal in some of the Northern states where 30-30 is illegal, or in some states it might qualify for the primitive weapons season.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine didn't come with a scope mount. I bought one with iron sights and bought the Cva dead on mount system separate. Saved a few dollars since I already had a better scope at home.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If I bought the scoped model, I'd probably put that scope on a different gun. I think they come with a 1.75-6x32 which would be a pretty good match on a 30-30 or a 22 Mag in my mind.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea it would. I debated on just going ahead and buying the scoped package but I had an extra scope and saved alittle. Still thinking bout going back for the 223 and will buy it with scope.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
cruzerbotz said:
Anyone consider getting a 300 Blackout and reaming the chamber to 30-30?? Should be fairly easy.
the extractor/ejector (whatever it has) would have to be
changed or altered. i don't how difficult that would be
to find or modify parts for the change

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Just go ahead and get the 35 rem and ream it 356/358. You can have your rimmed cartridge with the 356 and 308 power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts