Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've said it many times ... If Ruger had made the LCP in 22Lr first I would have never owned a .380 ... On that note yes several companies make a 22Lr in that size ... Phoenix Arms HP22 and S&W's 2214/2213. I own one of the 2214's. It's a very reliable and accurate gun. Fits some of my LCP holsters.

·
Registered
71 Posts
And a picture after a few upgrades.

·
Registered
19,179 Posts
I own two Walther P22s. Small, light, accurate, and reliable.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have the beretta model 21a. carry it all the time with 2 extra mags. total 22 shots. off hand 12 feet all hit in a head size target

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
maybe you just need to carry some rocks or knifes or baseball bats. of course they are high. so is gas, food, ammo, girls. old guy told me over 50 years ago. if it seems to high to you, you need to make more money. get a second or third job. buy the best. buy the good gun and you will have it 50 years from now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did not say could not afford it just felt $275 was high side for a used 21 and from the link i got i was right. I also just asked what was fair price?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would say that if it works, that is it functions totally reliably through two or three full magazines, then it's worth it, easily. In my neck of the woods dealers advise keeping those small pistols like the 21A because you can't replace them. Their best advice is to find the nastiest ammo that works totally reliably in them and use that.
My 21A prefers 40 gn high speed loads and I prefer the CCI, either mini-mags or their new 40 flat nosed slug. Ammo makers are finally beginning to see the wisdom of flat nosed bullets, how hard they hit, how deeply they penetrate and how much damage they create. Try it, you might like it......... Just sayin...................

·
Registered
358 Posts
Terry: if you can find another 25 you can go with that just as easily. Very good u-tube videos comparing the 22 lr and the 25 acp, both from short barreled pistols. Google it. I think you would be surprised by the performance of the 25. I'm keeping my Beretta 21A simply because I can't replace it with a 21A in 25 - just might never see one for sale here. Just sayin'....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts