1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like three things about the 17HMR

Trajectory - FLAT!
Low noise - more'n .22LR, less'n .22 mag
Frangible bullet - almost no possibility of riccochet or overpenetration

That it's accurate as all get out doesn't hurt matters either.

What I dont like is the price of the ammo and that that leetle bitty bullet only penetrates 2 inches or so in flesh. Kinda limits its use to skunks and smaller in my book.

But DANG it's a fun little whiz-bang!

Redial

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Ditto to redial!!! Also some of the other manufactueres are going to start making 17HMR ammo. CCI, REMINGTON, and AGULA (did I spell that right?) are the ones I have heard of. Should bring the price down. KN

·
Registered
280 Posts
FWIW, CCI makes the Hornady round with the red tip and they will make the Remington round with the green tip on the same assembly line. CCI is also producing a 17 gr TNT HP round which will be available soon. The CCI TNT ammo is supposed to sell for under $8 a box, according to current pricing. You can always buy a rifle with interchangable barrels, like the 10/22 Mag, 77/22 Mag, or the 597 Remington Mag. I bought the Remington 597 Mag in 17 HMR and picked up a second barrel in 22 Mag, so I've got both calibers in one rifle. MI VHNTR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.