Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

As previously posted, I am the proud new owner of a Handi .243. I am not a handloader, so I was wondering what everyone had had good luck with as far as factory .243 ammo. I started the sighting process with Remington Express Rifle 80gr loads. This rifle will be used for varmints(coyotes and bobcats) and for deer.

Thanks,

Trev

·
Super Moderator
51,247 Posts
Federal 95gr Fusion, or 100gr Power-Shoks shoot good in mine, the 95gr Win Supreme Ballisitic Silvertips also have a good reputation. Be sure to take advantage of the current rebates, all of the big mfrs are offering $10 rebates on two boxes of their ammo.

Tim

·
Registered
583 Posts
The 100 grain Power Shocks are pretty good in mine. It is a standard barrel in a synthetic stock. I used them to sight in and get on paper and got about 1 - 1/2" groups. That's an estimate, not a measurement. I switched to the 95 grain ballistic silvertips and the groups closed up to about 3/4". I cannot hold them any better than that. The Silvertips are now up to over $30. per box at my LGS, so definitely not my first choice. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, the 95 gr. Fusion and the 95 gr. Ballistic Silvertips shoot the best out of my .243 Handi. Although, I can currently get Remington 100 gr. Core-Lokt PSP's for 14.99/box at Wal-Mart, and that's before the rebate from Remington. They don't shoot as tight, but they are MOA coyote at 100 yards....so that's what I'm shooting for right now! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts