Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the .243, syn. stock, to the range today to sight in with the Bushnell Banner 3 x 9 x 40. Used Federal 100 grain SP's to get it on paper. Took a few rounds since it had not been bore sighted, but finally got a reasonable "group" around the 10 ring. The rifle was purchased as a youth model with wood stock which was replaced with full size synthetic. Have not done anything else except put the O-ring on the barrel stud. The group below is the last two shots using Winchester 95 grain Ballistic Silvertips. 3/4" center to center. Think I'll keep it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice shooting. You got to love the 243's.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
greenjeans

Yep its a keeper , the 243s can be a pain but it looks like yours will work out just fine .

stimpy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
their not that bad if you reload and i have had great luck with the way they shoot and the way they put deer on the ground is great its like a sst that stay together just a little bit longer

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Nice shooting...Time to do a little reloading for it...

poncaguy said:
Winchester Ballistic Silver Tips have been super accurate in all my guns, too bad they cost so much

They aren't if you reload... ;)

I wouldn't have any problem hunting with these bullets & loads..

Mac

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Nice Mac!! What contour is the barrel? Dale

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Bull Barrel...I sold it to mitchel...this load and his 55 grain Silver BT loads puts most 243's to shame...This was just 1 group of 5 I shot in under 3 minutes...This one is super accurate...

Mac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts