Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot two does this weekend with my new 25-06 handi the second one was at 275 yards, the accuracy out of this caliber is amazing.
Picture 042.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Nice shooting ;) I can not see the picture. See the FAQ to post pictures. We do want to see your pictures ;D

·
Super Moderator
51,156 Posts
Congrats, thanks for sharing!! ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Thanks I can see it now. What bullet were you using or ammo if you do not reload? Oh since you mentioned accuracy what will it shoot and what scope were you using on that 25-06?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im using 100 grain core-lokt's it shoots under 1 inch at 100, and i havent done anything to it yet, dont know if i should, the scope is a 3 x 9 x 40 Red Head, cheap scope.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
if it was mine (shooting under an inch at 100yds) i would treat it kindly and LEAVE IT ALONE

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey trigger that is what I am shooting out of mine and I am getting about the same results. I know the problem is not the gun it is the shooter. Congrats .. I got a doe with mine also and a yote. Both had substantial damage with the 100gr pills. Recovered the bullet from the doe on the oppsite side under the skin. Dang near mushroomed all the way to the base. Shot at 20 yards.

·
Registered
373 Posts
not really strange. i have shot more than a few deer at close range with a .25-06 using core-lokts. even with the 120s i didnt always get full penetration. the bullets speed at impact is sxtremely high and the core lokts flatten out fast at those speeds. out at 100 yards or better i always has pass through. now i use handloaded 115 gr partitions and that has helped. not one hasnt gone through on a broadside shot within 50 yards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can testify to the ability of the 100 grain soft point ability to expand even at close range, the doe i shot at 50 yards had an exit wound the size of my fist, no lie. couldent belive it.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
If you are getting honest 1" groups @ 100 yards, there is not a thing you should do to it - leave it alone. ;D ;D Partitions are a very good bullet, just make sure they shoot good out of YOUR rifle. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts