Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about a fast whitetail round for soybeanfields that are larger across than you should even attempt to shoot. So would you go for the 25-300 Win mag or a 6.5 STW? I would prefer a 257 STW but can't get it made for the Encore. Thnks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I decide on the 6.5 does anyone know if Bullberry will make it? It's not listed on their caliber chart. I could ask them but they have real work to do.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hunter I figure it will cost about 400 for the Weatherby and about 400 for the STW so why not take the extra 400 fps that would come with the STW? I thought about the Weatherby then I said if I was going go then I was going big, ok not big, but fast. Besides too many people own a 257 weatherby.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tey used to make the 257 STW but then found out it was too much for the encore. They said they will do the 6.5 but I am worried it might end up being too much also, so I think I am going to look at a different caliber. Thanks for the replies Gentlemen.

Jamie

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess my search is over for awhile, I came across a 300 win mag/weaver base/ burris z- rings/T/C 3x9x40 combo on gunbroker.com with a reserve of $320.00. I am a little nevous because I was the only one bidding on it. The fellow stated he shot it 4 times sighting in but I haven't asked why he was selling. Hopefully it was just too much gun for his needs. So assuming (yes, I know) everything is like he stated then I figured 320 was a real good deal. Another plus was that I already have dies and bunches of brass. Let me know what you guys think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.