Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the Roberts is my favorite cartridge. The Browning blr is my favorite rifle. When Browning combined these two it became Shear perfection. IMO anyway. Regards, Byron

·
Registered
878 Posts
I just spent the weekend doing load development on one. Same caliber, same rifle.

As soon as I put 115 grains through something organic, I'll see what I think afterwards.

But I have to say, I believe your on the right track.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ncsurveyer, if your just hunting deer, and you find your 115gr too hard, try the 100gr Remington core-lok. That's my favorite deer bullet in the roberts or the 250savage. Regards, Byron

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The .257 Roberts is also my favorite cartridge although my rifle is a Ruger M77 with a 22" tube. I load it to +P pressures.

75g V-MAX loaded for the small critters (2 coyotes at 480+ yards, plus others) and 115g TSX and 120g A-Frame for deer an antelope (at which I have yet to take a shot with this rifle).

Very mild recoil, outstanding accuracy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is just something about the 257 Roberts i really like... Here is one I just put together

722 action, Talley LW one piece rings, Luey scope, Rem classic stock and a new Pacnor barrel.....

My son Jon (age 14) got the first kill with it and it was his first Buck (with antlers) although not his first deer

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I have a Winchester model 70 that shoots everythng I put in it well. Hornady 117 bthp shoot 3/4"or less and Winchester 117 power points do just about as well. Big pigs and whitetails drop like God sent a hammer to knock them out right there. Amazing round the Roberts. Low recoil and great ballistics. Good luck with Bob

·
Registered
295 Posts
I kinda like the Roberts myself.......have a Win. Mdl. 70, a Rem. 722 and one built on a VZ24. I've even been thinking of carrying one as a sheep rifle next season.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackhawk, I try to avoid being snobbish but I have two of them. Byron

·
Registered
24 Posts
anyone try the small 60 grain projectiles for varmints? I have been wanting to load some up and see if they are as accurate as the 75 grain v-max bullets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts