Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked this up today, a beauty 27-2. i know a ruger man defecting to S&W. this is going to be hard to sell
and i'm afraid if i shoot it i'll keep
it .

·
Registered
557 Posts
The M27's are nice.

Heavy enough to aid in holding and light enough to... well, they are not that light.

I load mine with cast bullets in the old Skelton load.

If it is not unfired, shoot it!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
straw, that's my problem,if i shoot it i'll never want to sell it. right now i am still trying to figure out how to keep it.
my other problem is i'm really biting my lip trying not to purchase a ruger bisley 5.5"barrel, stainless,45colt/45acp..

would love both,but my gut says stick with the 27-2.dan

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I really don't see a problem here. Keep the 27 cuz they ain't easy to come by. Then get the Bisley after you've saved your lunch money for a while. ;D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
griz that's the way i'm leaning. i've got a bunch of 357s loaded, so the first break in the weather i'm going to have a 357 day at the range. dan

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Warrior1,
That pic of your model 27 brings back a lot of great memories for me.
It looks exactly like the one I used to own many years ago. Don't be
afraid to fire it. I bet after you do fire it you will use your Rugers for
paper weights. ;D Just kidding! Ruger makes some nice guns. I have
owned several of them. Seriously though, that model 27 is a real
sweet piece. It looks like it is in brand new shape. Like Old Griz
said "They aren't easy to come by." especially in as nice of shape
as yours. I used to shoot full house 158gr JHP/H110 loads in mine
mostly. It was a real pleasure to shoot. Enjoy!

Robert

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have had a Model 27-2 for over 30 yrs. As much as I like it, I find I am not shooting it much at the moment. These days I tend to favor my 627-8PC. I really like stainless.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
s.m. and bob i had a 28-2 4" i understand was a plainjane version of the 27.however this 27-2 6"
feels evry bit as capable as my gp100. i do plan on shooting it on my 357 day at the range.
i'm sorta anxious to see how the the action works on this gun. i've got 300 rounds of 357 loaded
that should be enough for one range visit. hve a good new year, dan

·
Registered
507 Posts
Old said:
I really don't see a problem here. Keep the 27 cuz they ain't easy to come by. Then get the Bisley after you've saved your lunch money for a while. ;D
Hello
I echo what Poster Griz suggested here. The model 27 is the Top of the Line revolver from S&W. They are the Grand child to the famous Registered Magnum. They also are getting harder to find. After 1975 Most model 27's were sent in a Presentation Case and they Came with what I call The Three T's Meaning target Trigger, Target Hammer and Target Grips..The Base Line model 27's Before 1975 Came with a Baughman quick draw front sight, Narrow trigger & Hammer. Yours appears to have the Raised Red Ramp front sight which was another Option available on the model 27's. Shown is a 5" Barrel model 27 which was The standard Barrel lenght on one and it has The Baughman sights but is equipped with Factory target grips. The Other one was shipped Post 1975 with all the Options explained above which were standard after 1975. Keep it,a s they are getting harder to locate in good condition. Regards, Hamemrdown

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the backgroud hammerdown. dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts