Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
270 is a stainless steel barrel 22" with extractor. I have shot it about 100 times. Bought it used so dont know exactly what the round count is.

243 24" Ultra, ejector. Unknown round count, 250ish.

Both have a scope rail.

I am getting out of handis, except for my 45-70 and 50 cal muzzleloader. To be honest I have shot a number of different factory and handloads and havent found anything for either barrel worth talkin about and nothing up to my accuracy standards, which might be to high for what the Handi rifle is. .$110 shipped per barrel. $95 shipped.

BOTH BARRELS ARE STILL FOR SALE/TRADE, I will consider trading for a 26" 50 cal muzzle loader barrel or a barrel for my rimfire NEF in 22 mag, or any larger caliber barrel 30 cal minimum

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 270 and 243 Barrel for sale

I am going to be gone for 2 weeks, PMs wont be replied to. I will bump it back to the top when I get back.

Delete if needed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 270 and 243 Barrel for sale

Barrels are still for sale, bringing it back to the top.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 270 and 243 Barrel for sale (Reduced)

Both are still for sale and with a lower price.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

I'm interested in the .270.

What kind of grouping did you get with it? And does the forend come with it?

Snap

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

No forearm or screw, it does have the scope rail on it though.

When I got the barrel I mounted a 4-16x Muller Scope on it, at 100 yards with Winchester 130gr (cheapest I could find) I was getting about 1.5" groups on average sometimes bigger sometimes smaller for 3 shot groups. My handloads I couldnt break 1.25", I will admit I gave up on this barrel to fast but I have a custom Remington 700 in 25-06 that will shoot the same sized groups at 500 yards as I was getting at 100 with this why waste my time. I was loading 135gr Serria Matchkings and 140gr Hornady SST with IMR 4831, IMR 4350, and IMR 7828.

Dk

·
Registered
3,238 Posts

I really hate to but I am going to have to pass on the 243 due to lack of funds.
Both these barrels are a good deal and if I had the means right now I would have swipped both of them up.

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

No cash now for the .270.
Could send a check, but the wife would find out and then I would have some explaining to do. :-X

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both barrels are still up for sale/trade. See original post for interests in trades.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 22mag ultra varmint barrel will trade for the 243

ps is that an ultra varmint or standard

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
PM sent on possible trade for Muzzleloader.
Sense I would like to have either one of these barrels it would be for which would still be available.

-Aaron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts