Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've drawn a mule deer, gen. lic., for 29 years in Wyoming :-[ .... this year it came to a end... unsuccessfull,.. my area went from 500 something tags 4 years ago to 180 something tags this year... might have to start buying beef at a supermarket... :mad: I herd someware that storbout beef is almost as gud as elk...

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
I have been hunting WY since 2000. I am sorta lazy and always wait to buy my tags when the leftover licenses become available because there are less fees and by July I have a better idea who wants to go out that fall.
I was in my hunting area of Wyoming back in late June while on a vacation with my. wife and dog and have never seen it so GREEN before. :)
I was really happy to see that as drought conditions have really been hard on the deer and antelope for a lot of years now.
This year there were no leftover tags of any kind available within 100 miles of the areas that I hunt. :mad:

I think the game is way down and the state has reduced quotas to the point that all the tags were sold during the early draw, This has never happened in the past 15 years before.

jedman

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This year we got tags... the other group we usually meet up with didn't... they got 2 'lope tags, are wondering whether its worth it for 2 lopes.... so it goes... :)

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I only put in for an antelope tag. Now I have 6 preference points for antelope. I better look for any leftover licenses. Maybe it's time to look for some other hunt.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Back in 1990 my Dad and I started mule deer hunting in the Black Hills of western South Dakota. We bought our tags over the counter. But about 15 years ago they went to a lottery system that favors resident hunters. It's very difficult to be drawn for a good unit. Now we focus upon crossbow hunting within Maryland where deer are quite abundant. So it goes.

TR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts