Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
9,530 Posts
oh ****, spend the 3 grand on cheap whores and good liquor.
Aww Heck! Reminds me of my misspent youth... :eek:
Of course I never said I didn't like reminders! :tango_face_devil:

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
I would buy a 1885 Browning High wall in 7x57 cal put on a nice Luepold scope and mount and then pray that I did not get it nicked or ding up hunting.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would go to some gun shows and stores and see what trips my trigger. Handle a bunch of single shots, see how they fit when shouldered. The winner would be the one that calls you back and you don't want to put it down.
FM

·
Registered
199 Posts
TCR with the double set triggers, a good scope and maybe three exotic barrels.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
so diller killer wasted all of our time. he does not have the 3000.00 dollars. I bet he doesn't have 300.00 dollars. I gotta stop falling for trolls

·
9,530 Posts
In my experience, you are much better off with expensive whores and cheap liquor, than the other way around.
Well heck Manny! :rolleyes: If I could afford expensive whores I should be able to afford expensive likker to go with them! :tango_face_devil: Not that I have any experience mind you... :tango_face_angel:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I would like a Hi Wall that is stocked in XXX quality wood , case colored reciever with vivid colors, rust blued metal and a custom scope base with conetrol rings. That's all.

There are actually 2 custom Martini cadet rifles stocked for a leftie ( I am also one ) for sale on gunsinternational that would be mine now if they were chambered in a caliber I wanted both are priced at $ 1999.00. ea. and have gorgeous wood and case colors and custom work done.

jedman

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Don't think any grandchild would be happy with a Martin cadet rifle.

They would probably dig up your grave and mutilate your body!

Mannyrock

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Manny, I have 5 grandchildren, 3 are boys oldest 27 years old and none of them have any interest in guns.
When they were children we made homemade slingshots, carp spears, I bought them BB guns , bows ect. and now that they are older no interest in hunting, fishing, camping or anything we enjoyed when they were younger.
All my guns will someday be owned by someone else, ( even the martini cadets I already have ) and I hope they will enjoy them as I have as it has been a lifelong journey collecting them.
I have been trying to downsize for years and just since Feb. this year I have sold 7 but bought 6 more so I am down 1 for the year.
When it comes to nice single shots I will probably still be wanting more when I can't even shoot anymore.

jedman

·
Registered
167 Posts
A C. Sharps Hi Wall in .38-55. MVA sights.
Or a Ruger #1 in .303 British. Receiver mounted peep and "ivory" bead.

Either way, high figured walnut, CCH receiver.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Lone Star 30-40 Krag rolling block.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hear! Hear! Sign me up for the same.

If the Dems take the House and start mailing checks to everyone, I'll use some of mine on this! In fact, since college tuition will be free, I'll take one in 444 Marlin as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Depends on what OP wants in a rifle. Use is an important consideration. My personal favorites is now for the traditional single shot. Need for a modern accurate singe shots is met by three good Ruger Number Ones's. These rifles are in modern calibers. For me it's the Ruger Number One YMMV,

For old guns for paper punching it's the BP stye is for me. My personal favorites are the Sharps 1874 and Winchester 1885 in traditional calibers. If that's your interest do some shopping on the net. C. Sharps and Shiloh but have good websites. In my experience Pedersoli make a good Sharps 1874. My favorite place to shop is second hand.

What do you want the rifle for is the key question to be asking.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Good points Terry.

Sounded to me as if the OP was thinking of a very classic hunting rifle, to be actually used in the field, to pass down to his heirs as future hunters.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts