Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have Stevens model 22-410 so far i have purchased 4 different 3/16 dovetail rear sights they refuse to stay in, would like to cut 3/8 dove tail for some of the fold down rear sights, how hard is it to re-cut the dovetail, no gunsmiths in my neck of the woods any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
It can be done with a file, but running a cutter through it would be the proper way to do it. Putting a shim under your rear sight before driving it in should tighten it up for you however. Larry

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cut some shims from 22 case it did tightened up, but still a little sloppy, do you know of a better 3/16 sight that is not stamped steel

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I have one of the stamped ones sitting here, it could be tighter than yours, send me your address and I will mail it to you. Larry

·
Registered
1 Posts
have Stevens model 22-410 so far i have purchased 4 different 3/16 dovetail rear sights they refuse to stay in, would like to cut 3/8 dove tail for some of the fold down rear sights, how hard is it to re-cut the dovetail, no gunsmiths in my neck of the woods any help would be appreciated
Have a Stevens Model 35 missing front sight. Where did you get your 3/16 sights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts