Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any feedback on them , had a few Remington 700's in the past and still have quite abit of ammo left. Usually hunt with a 243 but have the urge for another 30-06 in a Handi if it's not a shoulder breaker. thanks.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
the kick is about as bad as any other 30-06 mine is a tack driver with factory hornady ammo. and it doens't do so bad with factory remingtons too. i've not played enough with it to get a good hand load for it but i plan on doing it this summer.

the 30-06 is the handi that every handi lover should have.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the 30-06 in Synthetic and really like it. I am not very big and it is not uncomfortable to shoot. I don't handload and mine shoots between 1-1/2" and 2" with Winchester PP and Remington Core-Lokt. Took two nice deer with it this year. Try it.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
My 30-06 UltraComp shoots 200gr nosler partitions w/Reloader 22 real well... :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Ditto what Mitchell and Quick say. Mine shoots 1" -1 1/2" at 100 yds. And does very well with Remington and Winchester 180 gr SP. I reload, but haven't worked up any loads for it yet.

Recoil is not bad.

EVOC ONE

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Mine is a standard Handi...it too is the ultra-Comp...but it does real good with some of the new Federal Fusion ammo..these were the 150 grainers

With the comp barrel...it hardly kicks with this ammo...so...for me...the Ultra-Comp barrel is the way to go...haven't started working up any handloads for it...since I have my deer load already with this ammo...and I think I'll try some lighter bullets and see how it does...

Mac

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't have a .30-06 Handi yet, but am seriously looking at getting one. Regarding recoil, some of the "felt" recoil has to do with the fit of the gun. The Handi's have a longish pull length, which I like. My 700 is light, but it's about an inch and a half too short for me. Being all cramped up at a bench with it, and it's got quite a kick. A friend of mine had a 700 in 7mm mag with a custom stock, and the recoil was a lot more manageable.

·
Registered
790 Posts
mitchell said:
the 30-06 is the handi that every handi lover should have.
I've heard that quote in the form of the .30-30 lever-action :)

Is there a difference in muzzle diameter from .30-06 Ultra to a Handi? I just on the H&R site and .30-06 barrels arn't offered for Ultras and Handis are cheaper than the Ultras.

Uhhhh comp barrels???????

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Uhhhh comp barrels???????
They found some of these barrels awhile back...and a few of us sent in for them.I don't know how many of these they have left...but ....it's worth the call to see...they won't be making any more of them...atleast from what I've been told...

Mac

1 - 12 of 12 Posts