Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got to try a new to me rifle this deer season, I picked up a sporterized 1917 American Enfield a few months back, wearing a bishop monte Carlo stock and an old Redfield fixed 6 with dual bullet drop reticle. Checked zero on it this summer then whacked 3 prairie dogs with it from 150 to 250 yards, using Remington 150 corelocts. So Saturday and Sunday a deer hunting I went with my 19 yr old son and my 11.yr old daughter. Saturday the Enfield claimed 2 coyotes in 30 seconds, one sitting and one runnjing 120 and 150 yards respectively. First thing Sunday morning I took a big white tail doe broadside at 200. At sundown my son pulled down on a white tail doe at about 250, I was watching through the binos she dropped like a rock then started thrashing, I asked him .Where were you aiming, he said all I could see was her head. When we got up to her half her head was gone!!! WOO HOO!! and not to leave my sharp shooting lil girl out, she got herself a 6X4 mulie buck at around 80 yards with the 223 handi she's been practicing with all summer, next year I'll put her on the 25-06 loaded to around 250 savage level.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
In my opinion there is nothing better than seeing a sported Ole Warhorse getting another chance for some field time. I have several mauser actions that were sportered back in the 50s and 60s that have history and a lot of character and I hope to add more of both to them as time move a long.
To top it off, and probably best of all, you are blessed with children who share it with you.
Well done and I appreciate the story.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Back in September I picked up a sported 1917 Enfield at a pawn shop in little rock Arkansas. Took 3 coyotes with it during deer season. Great rifles. FBC

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would kind of like to take the scope base off to see if this.one is a Remington, Winchester or an eddystone but it shoots so.good I'm scared to move anything. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts