Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several Winnies but one is the 1985 first US Repeating Arms 94 AE and I would like it in 38-55 instead of 30-30 and then I would use it more,does anybody have experience with US Repeating Arms or another way of rebarreling a 94?

·
Registered
286 Posts
You could contact somebody like Cliff LaBounty to rebore your .30/30 to .38/55. It would be a pretty straight forward process since the basic case is pretty much the same for both, same case-head size, overall length, etc. However, you couldn't rebore a .30/30 to .38/56 because the .38/56 shares the same case-head size as a .45/70, so the bolt face, tubular magazine, etc. would be all wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rebarrelling with a factory or an aftermarket barrel may be the simplest and least expensive way to do it.

The guy in Indiana that has spare winchester commemorative parts has barrels available, or Winchester or Gun Parts Company may have them too.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I had P.O. Ackley rebore my M94 30-30 (1950 vintage) in the mid 70s. Great job and I still love to shoot the rifle. Of course this does the OP little good in finding a 'smith today, but my experience with the reboring process was positive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts