Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some advice. My local Cabela's is selling H&R .300ACC/Blackout with 16.25" barrel, picatinny rail and threaded for a suppressor for $200. They list the original price as $240. I'm not interested in this caliber (mainly in to H&R shotguns).But, would this be a good investment or to use as a trade in the future? They advertised these in their weekly flyer so I assume they have more than one. Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
Pretty good deal. Makes a good youth deer gun with proper loads.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,225 Posts
That's a good price! They are worth a try. I have tried 3 of them so far, I like them that much. ;D

Thanks, Dinny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,321 Posts
I found one for about 20$ more than that new and it quickly turned into one of my favorites.

Mostly shooting light loads of Red Dot in mine under varying bullet weights, from 90 grains to 185.
Good way to use up dinged up .223 brass. Cheaper to shoot than buying .22lr if you watch for good prices on powder and primers, cast your own bullets.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,611 Posts
I love the caliber... Its a shooter too!

















CW
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I just came back from Cabela's and they are sold out.Clerk said they might get some more in, but I think he was just saying that.I'll keep my eyes open and watch.Also, on E-bay a barrel for a H&R .300ACC just sold for $177. So I guess $200 for the whole gun was a good price!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,611 Posts
SJB said:
Well, I just came back from Cabela's and they are sold out.Clerk said they might get some more in, but I think he was just saying that.I'll keep my eyes open and watch.Also, on E-bay a barrel for a H&R .300ACC just sold for $177. So I guess $200 for the whole gun was a good price!
Call them back tomorrow and have them check other stores. When they find one have it shipped to your store. (NO CHARGE FOR THIS!!)

You are correct, "more" is rather unlikely...

CW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,534 Posts
cwlongshot said:
Call them back tomorrow and have them check other stores. When they find one have it shipped to your store. (NO CHARGE FOR THIS!!)

You are correct, "more" is rather unlikely...

CW
Dick's Sporting Goods also does this. They got a .308 Handi for me that was in a Dick's store in a different state.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CW, took your advice and called Cabela this morning.Asked if they would locate and transfer .300ACC to East Hartford store.Not real impressed with the guy that took my info, so I started calling around and located one in Cheektowaga, N.Y.-( asked them if they would hold it for Ct store and they said they would). Called Hartford back -told them I located one-(guy at Hartford seemed a little defensive as if I shouldn't have done this)- Hope they don't screw this up!Will let you know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,611 Posts
SJB said:
CW, took your advice and called Cabela this morning.Asked if they would locate and transfer .300ACC to East Hartford store.Not real impressed with the guy that took my info, so I started calling around and located one in Cheektowaga, N.Y.-( asked them if they would hold it for Ct store and they said they would). Called Hartford back -told them I located one-(guy at Hartford seemed a little defensive as if I shouldn't have done this)- Hope they don't screw this up!Will let you know.
East Hartford CT? OOH If so, we are neighbors!!

I have found the knowledge, experience and experiece with the "help" at that store VERY lacking... I have herd of MUCH miss information...
Wait till you get it and have to go threw THERE version of CT paperwork...OOh, be sure you leave yourself HOURS!!

Sounds like you did fine, THEY should do this for you, but your doing it is just fine too. I had a Savage shipped in form a store in the midwest once. It was NOT what I wanted, the guy was most helpful and did not seem to care that I was not going to take it.

Best of luck!!

CW
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top