Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
I, and a few other members, have sent JES a 300BLK barrel and he rebored and rechambered them to 357 Mag. GBO rents the 357 Max reamer. Mine should be reamed now or sometime very soon. I'll post a range report when I get it back.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
That seems to me to be the long, expensive way to get a maxi. I'd just wait for a .357 mag to come up. They ain't that rare. I've had at least five now. Two are still home accompanied by a Savage 24 and another grew into my .356/.358....That's my Maxi Long Rifle. Still another became a .35 Rem because it had a flawed chamber. I passed another on to a member here.

Pete

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
petemi said:
That seems to me to be the long, expensive way to get a maxi. I'd just wait for a .357 mag to come up. They ain't that rare. I've had at least five now. Two are still home accompanied by a Savage 24 and another grew into my .356/.358....That's my Maxi Long Rifle. Still another became a .35 Rem because it had a flawed chamber. I passed another on to a member here.
Pete
Pete,
I feel like I'm breaking open scabs here but, a new 300BLK Handi runs about $245, a rebore runs $225, shipping runs about $25. It won't be long and 357 Mag barrels will be selling for $485 here on GBO, like they're listed for on Ebay. :-\ When I rebored, I had the opportunity to choose twist and the number of grooves. Mine shot better than any Handi 357 Mag when JES rechambered it. It should shoot extremely well as a Max. Of course my decision was slightly swayed by the fact that a generous GBO member gifted the 300 BLK barrel to me. :)

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Stubs usually run anywhere from the cost of parts to ~$350. Wayne York may be out of the stubbing business, if so, I would look to David White. David supplies his own barrels and his work is pricey and the wait is long. :-\ Some guys here that stub their own may be convinced to do one for you, but I'm not going to obligate anyone by mentioning their names.

Thanks, Dinny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts