Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone make a cheaper upper for it. Im not spending 650 bucks on a wilson upper.

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
Registered
532 Posts
Unfortunately, that price is about the low end of upper prices, regardless of caliber, in today's crazy world. And for $650, it may well not include BCG & CH. Most of the lower cost ones don't; that way the price looks lower than it really is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Unfortunately, that price is about the low end of upper prices, regardless of caliber, in today's crazy world. And for $650, it may well not include BCG & CH. Most of the lower cost ones don't; that way the price looks lower than it really is.
Sadly that is true.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
anyone make a cheaper upper for it. Im not spending 650 bucks on a wilson upper.
Lloyd, why not buy a Bear Creek Arsenal 300 Blk and ream it to 300 Hamr? BCA guarantees 1" with a 16" bbl. I'm just shooting 300 Blk supersonic as a 30-30 lite. Bullets perform great on hogs and Texas deer.

·
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up with a wilson upper. I got it for 350 bucks with the bolt carrier and 300 rounds of once fired brass. Things an absolute tack driver. I havent killed anything with it because i had a hip and knee replacement in the fall so didnt do crop damage shooting this year. It does an honest 300 fps more then my black outs. Ive killed a number of deer with the bo and the 110 barnes and it hits way over its weight class. Im sure the hamr will be even more of the same. Only problem ive ran into is the shape of the barnes 110 wont allow it to fit in the mag unless its seated past the point where the case holds the bullet. It basicaly will fall into the case. But 130 speer hps and 120 gold dots work great.

Reactions: TomInVT and brianNH

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a barrel for 300 Ham'r. I've really got to get off my butt and put it into an upper. I have a 300 BLK SBR, but especially doing supersonic, the Ham'r should be much better

·
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya the bo gets you NEAR 3030 ballistics and the hamr gets you square into 300 savage territory.

·
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bought one from Shaw for $492.00 including Tax and shipping shoot great! also bought brass from wilson and dies, all for under 625.00
if it shoots as well as mine youll be a happy camper. First load i tried was with the 130 grain speer hp and it did under 3/4s of an inch for 5 shots. Stopped right there and pulled the rest of the bullets i was going to try. No use wasting components today. Only other bullets thats been down it are 5 120 gold dots just to see if they would run. Ive killed many deer with the 130 speer in the 308. It does a bit more meat damage then id like in the 308 but thats the only bullet my kimber 308 likes. It should work well in the hamr. Sure wish the 110 barnes bullets would run. Im not a big fan of barnes bullets but that bullet designed specificaly for the bo sure does kill deer. Ive shot 6 with it now. Longest one at 200 yards and none made more then a leap before piling up.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what my 350 Legend upper won't do. Love the way I can shoot cast bullets and full power jacketed bullets and they all shoot great. Next upper will be this upper with a 300 Ham'r barrel installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts