Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone using lever evolution in your contenders. i just came back from the range and i was very impressed with how it shot. i didnot have a change to shoot pass 100 yards,but under 1" at 100. i love this ammo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Many years ago, I discovered Hornady 30-30 pistol bullets. (Real spire points designed for pistol velocities)

I bought several boxes and some fast burning powder.

Very accurate and great performers!!!

I've taken hogs, deer, reindeer, and a blackbear.

I'm yet to try the Lever-Revolitions (or whatever they are called) but it appears they simply dropped down in bullet weight to increase velocity and added the pointy tip for better performance. I always wondered why they did not simply make plastic tip covesr...

When I run out of my handloads I'm gonna try 'em.

My main concern will be retaining velocity in a short barrel.

highwayman, I'm waiting for the replies, as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have used Nosler Ballistic Tips for years in my T/C which is the same principle in the Leverevolution bullets. Very accurate to 200yd and lots of punch with 150 or 160gn bullet. I also used to use the Hornady bullets mentioned (very accurate also) but just like the heavier bullet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wish Hornady would sell the bullets as an individual reloading component. My 30-30 AI has been dying to try them. I suppose I could just shoot the LE ammo as is and be happy to get a fine piece of brass that is fireformed to my chamber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts