Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Buds has them too, but $323.

I think Mississippi and Louisiana reconfigured their primitive season and hurt a lot of sales. Truth be told, they were probably the only thing keeping the company afloat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
wookie76 said:
Buds has them too, but $323.

I think Mississippi and Louisiana reconfigured their primitive season and hurt a lot of sales. Truth be told, they were probably the only thing keeping the company afloat.
Yep, Mississippi "primitive weapons" season is now weapon of choice (anything from 22 short up) after November 30th. We do still have a doe only adult (16 years of age and up) primitive season that runs from November 9th through 20th that requires single shot 35 caliber or larger.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sold off my 35 rem after tentative plans to move out of Indiana were changed. So, I ordered one from Cheaper Than Dirt. This is my first purchase from them, trust that it goes well.

With their $10 shipping they're still under Bud's price, and there is no up-charge for using a card.

I'll likely post the .444 barrel unless those bigfoot reports here in Indiana prove to have some merit. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
parson48 said:
I sold off my 35 rem after tentative plans to move out of Indiana were changed. So, I ordered one from Cheaper Than Dirt. This is my first purchase from them, trust that it goes well.

With their $10 shipping they're still under Bud's price, and there is no up-charge for using a card.

I'll likely post the .444 barrel unless those bigfoot reports here in Indiana prove to have some merit. :)
cheaper than dirt is very easy to deal with. I would try that 444 barel you will be suprised how accurate they can be.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
51,488 Posts
What fiveshot said!! ;)

Tim
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,717 Posts
There are just a huge percentage of shooters whom under estimate the 444. Those that have never seen one in action mostly. It was only in a few rifles, they were lever guns, no belt or "magnum" in the name, not a whole spectrum of ammo available. My friend whom shot mostly AR type rifles just bought a combo and shot it for the first time last week. I dont think he was really aware of all the things that happen when you pull he trigger ::) on a lightweight Elk rifle ;) He now appreciates why some guns come without a large capacity magazines. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
bucmeister said:
wookie76 said:
Buds has them too, but $323.

I think Mississippi and Louisiana reconfigured their primitive season and hurt a lot of sales. Truth be told, they were probably the only thing keeping the company afloat.
Yep, Mississippi "primitive weapons" season is now weapon of choice (anything from 22 short up) after November 30th. We do still have a doe only adult (16 years of age and up) primitive season that runs from November 9th through 20th that requires single shot 35 caliber or larger.
On PRIVATE lands, yes. Our WMAs, etc...still require "primitive" scope-sighted, flat-shooting, Handis... :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I ordered this on the 10th, and it's at the local shop this morning (12th)! My first deal with Cheaper Than Dirt is totally satisfactory!

Bad news is that the NICS folks delayed me! No clue why, so it will be next week before I can bring it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,292 Posts
I think their default is to deny.... :(
The 444 will can be an 'everything' caliber for a reloader; 44Spl. equiv. to 44Mag equiv. to 444 full house on the heels of the 45-70 light bullet loadings. Use 444 brass for it all, is is NOT like putting 38Spl.s into a 357 Max. If you like the .43cal. it is a dandy. If I had one I'd be using cast bullets over Trail Boss and be pretty happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
RT8 said:
bucmeister said:
Yep, Mississippi "primitive weapons" season is now weapon of choice (anything from 22 short up) after November 30th. We do still have a doe only adult (16 years of age and up) primitive season that runs from November 9th through 20th that requires single shot 35 caliber or larger.
On PRIVATE lands, yes. Our WMAs, etc...still require "primitive" scope-sighted, flat-shooting, Handis... :rolleyes:
True on the Private tracts which I believe is the vast majority of hunted lands here in MS. We've got a decent amount of public land but NOTHING like most of the western states. It really surprised me when I was told they have started allowing the single shot primitive weapons in the St. Catherine Creek Federal WMA because they had been so adamantly front load only. Going with the changing times and they have a very bad hog problem.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top