Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. I have been looking for a Contender rifle barrel in 35 Remington for a loooong time. Finally scored a blue 23" on EBay. Would have preferred the older 21", and stainless would have been nice, but beggars can't be finicky. This gives me another option for Louisiana's Primitive deer season....minimum of 35 caliber, single shot, with a hammer. I'm pumped!

Doc T

·
Registered
375 Posts
Way to go, Doc. Good luck with your 35 Rem. Thanks to the options we have in Louisiana for primitive weapon season it has become a lot of fun. Can't wait until opening day. My new gun for the season is 35 Whelen. Previously I hunted with the 45-70. Actually, the 35 Rem. is probably one of the best, if not the best when weighing range, power and recoil. The Leverevolution bullets in the 35 Rem. are really something. I have made one shot kills in excess of 200 yards with that round.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I killed a big doe the first week of primitive season last year with a Contender carbine in 375 Winchester. I don't have a 45-70 but I do have an Encore in 444 Marlin. I haven't scored with it, either. It will be hard to pick which one to take opening day!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Doc T, I'd have to choose that contender again if it were me. I am in a better position as the only thing I've got that's legal besides my Hawken is my new to me H&R Handi in .35 Remington. I like that cartridge a lot for the short amount of time that I've owned this rifle.

EJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.