Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get a 35 Remington barrel for a Handi-rifle? Or does anyone do custom NEF barrels?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quick has a 35 Rem from a rechambered 357 Mag. That is the most economical way to get one.

·
Super Moderator
51,243 Posts
As eskimo36 said, I had a 357mag/max barrel rechambered, MSP Ret did the same, Wayne York of Oregunsmithing did the work for us, his work is top notch, he's done a lot of rechambers and rebores for many members here.

Tim

http://home.earthlink.net/~oregunsmithing/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the rifling twist fast enough to stabilize 200-225gr bullets that I like to shoot out of my Marlin levergun? Or is it a 200gr or less proposition? I have a 10ga SB2 frame will it handle a rifle caliber?

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
It is really a great conversion and a great caliber. The twist is fast enough but the shotgun receiver will not safely handle the pressure....<><....:)

·
Super Moderator
51,243 Posts
I've shot 240gr FNGC Mt Baldy cast bullets in mine at a little less than 2000fps, 1" 100yd groups, same for 200gr Beartooths at 2140fps.

The SB2 10ga shotgun frame won't accept a rifle barrel properly, it's too big, as is the firing pin and hole. The frame sides are also much thinner than an SB2 rifle frame.

Tim

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, ok, well I thought I could save a buck by using the 10ga frame. Safty first!

Oh well, maybe i'll get a 500 s&w handi-rifle, then Maybe find a 357 barrel to make into a 35 Remington.
Or we could flood H&R with request for this caliber. ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts