Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone other than Quick re-chambered a 357 to 35 Remington? I have a 357 that I blew out to 357 Max, but lately I have been playing with my Contender in 35 and started to think about having a Handi in 35. It is already cut to 16 5/8 and in 35 Rem would be a great little deer/bear gun for the woods. Quick, how much trouble would it be? Anyone have a 35 reamer for loan? And are new 357 mag barrels still available?

thanks,

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,893 Posts
No reamer to loan, but Fred at 4D has one. I don't think I'd do that one by hand tho, you might ask Fred what he thinks. I had mine done by a gunsmith, I did the ejector work myself, H&R had 357mag barrels in stock recently, they may even have some 35 Rem barrels tho too, I'd do that before ordering a 357 if you have to order a barrel, they did in January, check with Brian56.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,224285.msg1099234801.html#msg1099234801

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
I can understand wanting a caliber just because. But the advantages between a Maxi and Remmy are small. The Remmy has been plagued with head space issues in these actions.
Before Timmy jumps in, With super 35 data, of coarse you can hot load the Remmy and gain some. But to my mind with the Remmys short comings like a tiny shoulder and the danger of those hot loads gettin into a weaker action... I'll steer clear.
If I where to consider this, the 356 Winhester would win my vote hands down. It's a rimmed 358, what more needs be said... ;) Zero head space issues, a healthy handi friendly rim, robust shoulder and superior ballistics to both Maxi and Remmy.

All that without running in uncharted waters pressure wise. It's a no brainer to me. :)

CW

·
Premium Member
9,733 Posts
cwlongshot said:
If I where to consider this, the 356 Winhester would win my vote hands down. It's a rimmed 358, what more needs be said... ;) Zero head space issues, a healthy handi friendly rim, robust shoulder and superior ballistics to both Maxi and Remmy.

All that without running in uncharted waters pressure wise. It's a no brainer to me. :)

CW
Ya know, between you, Tim and Richard I find myself in more hot water than I can stay afloat in. That's a sweet one. Here we go again ::)

Pete

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
petemi said:
cwlongshot said:

CW
[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Ya know, between you, Tim and Richard I find myself in more hot water than I can stay afloat in. That's a sweet one. Here we go again ::)

Pete
[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.