Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This post is older than dirt but on the chance that someone finds it in the archives as I did I will answer... Yes I have had a Marlin converted from 30/30 to 356Win. The work was done by JES Reboring owned by Jesse Ocumpaugh. The website is 35caliber.com and Jess is great to work with. I have had two of his creations in my possession. First was a 1980 336 Texan 30/30 converted to 38/55 who which which I recently sold to fund another purchase. The second is a Glenfield Model 30 half magazine 30/30 converted to 356 Win. I had the 38/55 for several years but only shot two bucks with it. Neither travelled over 30 yards after being hit with a 255gr Stonefence bullet. I've not had the 356 long enough to develop my final loads although Win748 and H335 both show promise with a 180gr Speer FP which I would most like to use. If I can't do that then I would most likely try the Rem 200gr RN Core-Lokt.

·
23,973 Posts
killed probably two dozen deer with the 356. Probably half with the 180 speer. It is THE bullet for whitetail in the 356. My big bore shot near moa with it and it knocked the cork out of any deer bear or pig i killed with it. The buddy i traded for it begged me for years to trade him back for something and i finally gave in so i dont have one any longer but for a light handy hard hitting gun i could think of nothing better. It to me was like a 4570 or 444 that was a legit 250 yard or even farther rifle if a guy walked out into a field and the opportunity presented itself. My load was a bit to much to post but i used blc2 which is pretty much in the same ball park as the powders 358blr suggested. By the way id love to find a reasonably priced blr in 358 today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts