Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who aren't familiar with Indiana deer hunting regs, we are only allowed to use rifles with a projectile no smaller than .357 diameter and a case length no longer than 1.8". The .358 Hoosier is a cut down and resized .358 winchester that fits in those parameters. I built mine on a Marlin XS7 action and my dad has really been wanting one for Pro Hunter. I found some .357mag barrels for sale and was wondering if they would contain the higher pressures of the .358 hoosier if reamed out. (They're about the same pressure as .35rem) I know people have done .35rem from .357 in H&Rs, but I'm not sure if it would be safe in an encore.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I shoot 30-06 in my Encore and would think it would handle a round similar to a 35 Remington. I have seen 416 Rigby barrels listed for the Encore from T/C, so they would seem strong enough to handle a big boomer.
FM

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
It should be fine. However, I think you'd be better off just purchasing a custom barrel. .357 mag encore rifle barrels are pretty hard to come by. A custom barrel should start Around 350 last time I checked.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think a rifle barrel from MGM is $370 shipped to your door, $270 for a pistol barrel. I am in the holding pattern (6 to 8 weeks) for a 12" 223 barrel for the G2.
FM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.