Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
That is one that if you want one you better spend the cash. Don't moan and groan about the price they just don't get much more original than this. If I wasn't sellin I'd be buyin. Kurt

Reactions: ncsHR2000

·
Registered
819 Posts
That is one that if you want one you better spend the cash. Don't moan and groan about the price they just don't get much more original than this. If I wasn't sellin I'd be buyin. Kurt
Kurt, can you tell from the pics if its an ejector? looks to be the lighter profile?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I'd wager that one is an ejector. You can message the seller to verify.

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be wrong but looking at pic #4 of 8 that I'd say it's an ejector barrel.

Reactions: treeslayer

·
Super Moderator
51,613 Posts
The rear sight alone tells me it's an older slim profile barrel, pics clearly shows it is an ejector barrel.

Tim

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to take on another project but I've got too many projects as it is now. Have at it as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: treeslayer

·
Premium Member
4,684 Posts
The sight looks to be the Lyman fold down no? Kurt

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I like it but gee whiz.

I already have more .357's than I need.

Somebody who really wants it should try and get it. I've lost every ebay auction I've ever bid on anyway.

Good luck, you guys.

·
Super Moderator
51,613 Posts
The sight looks to be the Lyman fold down no? Kurt
That would be the correct sight, it's most likely a model 058 which is pretty much a blued version of the 258 Handy Gun II, although NEF made the Handi Gun Combo 1987-88 with the same sight, but was nickel instead of blue, so I'm not sure of the barrel contour, looks slim, but could just be the pics, anyway you look at it, it's certainly a desirable barrel for many, a plus if it's got the Topper contour.

Tim

·
Registered
819 Posts
Tim, i believe the seller's hornet came from the same frame. it is marked topper 158, the 357 is not marked other than H&R .357 mag. they are not profiled. will these barrels require the 60a mount or will any handi rifle mount work?

·
Super Moderator
51,613 Posts
I think the only barrels that required the 60a were the early profiled barrels 1963-67.

Tim

·
Registered
218 Posts
With what these things go for these days I find it hard to believe that there are no aftermarket makers.
I suspect it has to do with the fitting required on a lot of the receivers. There are multiple aftermarket barrel makers for the T/C platforms but they rarely have fit issues due to exact tolerances. I’d say most companies don’t want the risk or headaches associated with barrel/receiver fit on H&R’s

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Wow. Looks like there were three bidders who pushed it up over $400.

My limit is $250 for an H&R barrel. Higher than this I would opt for a TC Contender or Encore barrel.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Winning bid was $610 :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Jeep
1 - 20 of 46 Posts