Graybeard Outdoors banner

357 magnum on Ebay

5K views 65 replies 12 participants last post by  quickdtoo 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That is one that if you want one you better spend the cash. Don't moan and groan about the price they just don't get much more original than this. If I wasn't sellin I'd be buyin. Kurt

Reactions: ncsHR2000
#5 ·
I may be wrong but looking at pic #4 of 8 that I'd say it's an ejector barrel.

Reactions: treeslayer
#9 ·
I would love to take on another project but I've got too many projects as it is now. Have at it as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: treeslayer
#10 ·
The sight looks to be the Lyman fold down no? Kurt

#12 ·
That would be the correct sight, it's most likely a model 058 which is pretty much a blued version of the 258 Handy Gun II, although NEF made the Handi Gun Combo 1987-88 with the same sight, but was nickel instead of blue, so I'm not sure of the barrel contour, looks slim, but could just be the pics, anyway you look at it, it's certainly a desirable barrel for many, a plus if it's got the Topper contour.

Tim

#16 ·
I suspect it has to do with the fitting required on a lot of the receivers. There are multiple aftermarket barrel makers for the T/C platforms but they rarely have fit issues due to exact tolerances. I’d say most companies don’t want the risk or headaches associated with barrel/receiver fit on H&R’s

#20 ·
Winning bid was $610 :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Jeep
#24 ·
Never thought that it would go that high. I was thinking that it might go between $400 & $500. Never thought it would get to $600. Is this the future of hard to find barrels for these guns? Most all of them seem to be trending higher and higher almost daily. Seems odd to me though that the older shotgun and muzzle loader barrels aren't keeping up with this trend. Saw a few hours ago a model 58 12ga barrel the opening bid was $10. I guess the demand for the older stuff just isn't there.

#27 ·
There is a 20ga that has been converted already on Ebay now.

#29 ·
Interestingly enough that the same sellers 22 Hornet sold for $270 with only 3 bidders.

#30 ·
Something else odd is that one of the other Hornet listings sold for $340 and the 3rd one that has relisted and not sold for so many times still hasn't sold.

#32 ·
If it's like most of them, the frame will be broken down and parted out. I asked one of the parts sellers one time what she did with the receivers after the parts were taken out. She said she sold them to a gunsmith. Then I asked her how to get in touch with this gunsmith and she replied back that she couldn't remember. Now there's something really odd.

#33 ·
You can buy a custom Contender or Encore barrel from MGM in .357 for $455 that will outshoot any Handi barrel. Though the TC receivers have gone out of sight too. Still, as much as I like them, I’m pretty much done with Handi’s at the prices they are now. I’ll spend a little more and get the fit and finish of the TC’s. 😔

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.