Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need you guys input 357 max or 44 mag for whitetail inside 100 yards. The whitetail in my area are around 100-150 lbs thanks

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
Either one would be a good choice. The 44 Magnum has more knock down power, especially inside of 100 yards. There is something about a large frontal area + heavy weight that just has a lot of knock down power. I think the 357 Max has better ballistics with more pointed bullets when getting out a little further (flatter trajectory). If I was going to use it for deer hunting only, I would go with the 44 Mag. If I wanted it for deer hunting, plinking, truck gun, I would go with the 357 Max. You can load up lighter bullets and get out over 2000 fps with out much recoil; if you reload. If you do not reload, then the 44 magnum is the clear winner.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
??? ???

Handi243, you have been around here long enough to know that.

I thought you were asking which gun you should bring with you this year. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been using the 44 in a handgun for years never had one in a rifle thats what the question was. It is hard to know the one to grab when i go out the door. For the life of me i don't know how some of the guys do it my shots are not much over 200 yards were i hunt so i guess i'll have to try both.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts