Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have my 357 mag reamed out to a max by this time tomorrow 8) . Got to get a few test loads worked up tonight :? . Let you know if it goes bang or not. May get rained out on the bang part :cry: .

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
357 Maxie

Hellacatcher,
I reamed my mag to a max, the best thing I did to it. :-D
I think it shoots better with 357 Mag and 38 spl than before reaming!
Hope you have good luck, Marv.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It worked :D . Nice to have a machinist for a friend :-D . Even got to make it go bang between down pours :grin: . The best I can tell the groups improved :) . I do belive I saw a difference from 357 mag to 360DW to a357 Max :) . Now to look around for some deer loads 8) .

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I tell ya this rain has put my shooting back a lot too. I have been reading about this kind of 357 topic for awhile. Sounds pretty cool, and a fun load to boot. Keep us informed on how she shoots.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
26 grains of AA1680 under a Hornady 180 XTP. Remington makes a SJHP 180 grainer that works really well and at least in wet news paper, performs equally to the XTP. This load makes 2060 fps from my Handi.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got to range this afternoon. Using 180 gr remingtons over 18gr of H110. I measured less thane a Inch and a 1/4 with my Jap. calipers ain't bad for my eyes at 100 yrds now to tighten that up some just for the fun of it. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts