Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 357 barrel fitted to a frame with a straight camo cinn lam stock set, the 44mag barrel was ordered with a TDC stock set, the Williams sights that came on them aren't all that bad, think I'll try to shoot em like they are just for fun!! :D

Tim

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wish you wouldn't of done that! I have the itch for a 357 Mag REAL bad and now this! I sure like the looks of that top stock.... Looks like I better go check out their web site.....

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That stock isn't listed on the website, it's listed in the 2007 Retail Parts Price list in the FAQs tho, as is the camo version and others. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
What did that TDC stock cost? I think that stock should be offered on all the open sight guns...

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same as the laminates, $66 and $31.

Tim

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good looking guns Tim! Let us know how they shoot. They should be a lot of fun, especially the 357, cheaper to load for and easier on the shoulder.
What does TDC stand for?

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Nice lookin' guns, Tim. I sure hope they shoot as well as the look.

the Williams sights that came on them aren't all that bad
If you change your mind...let me know, I would be interested in those sights. ;D

cookie

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, typo fixed!! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Hello All, Old Datil is back here! Got Compute hook up with DSL.
Tim you should go a head and ream the 357 to a Maxie.
I want to know how the 44 Mag Shoots, The one I had shot
all the target. You all take care. I be around more Now.
Marvin

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome back Marv, hope ta see you around more often now that ya got DSL!! ;D I have a 35 Remington Handi, so don't really need a Max, but if I get bore, may ream it, dunno, not planning on it, for now anyway. :D

thx,

Tim

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Im surprised to no end that you still had some gaps needing tidying up as far as barrels go. I do remember you waiting on the 44 mag though.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
how is the checkering on the TDC?

my friend just bought a buffalo classic stock set from HR, and he is far from happy with it. He said it has now where near the quality of checkering compared to that on his actual BC gun he has. Called HR, they said they recently changed to machined checkering. He was also disappointed in their lack of compassion to his happiness, they matter of factly said, well return it if you dont like it. He has done a lot of business with them and this experience is not like he has had in the past. Almost like they know the quality is lower and they dont really care.

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not as nice as the hand checkering, but they haven't made any price increases on the stocks in the last 4yrs either, so they have to make cuts somewhere. Seems to me as busy as the H&R staff is, it's no wonder they get a little short with customers occasionally, they've always been very nice to me, I think it all depends on how nice the customer is to them, I've always been polite, and they returned the same to me, even when I had a problem with an order they mis-shipped. If a customer is unhappy with the product, they've always bent over backwards to make it right. ;)

The machine checkering is still much nicer than the pressed checkering on the Marlin rimfires, that would be a shame if they had to resort to that, so be glad they're still doing the machine checkering.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FYI, just learned that most checkering done on H&Rs is done by laser, although BC checkering is sub-contracted out to be machine checkered.

Tim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts