Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a 375H&H built-being a southpaw,factory choices are limited.
Is there any significant advantage of the 375H&H Improved[sharper shoulder] versus the standard 375H&H? Since the rifle will be custom built I have either option.
Wonder if this is advantage,considering the subsequently higher cost for dies ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
375 H&H vs improved

The 375 should be all you would ever need for anything. Plus the ammo from the factory or fresh brass if you reload would shoot better in it or if you. My $0.02.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
375H&H vs 375H&H Improved-any signi

It would be a shame to damage the slithery feel of a well set up rifle feeding the 375 H&H for a few feet per second. If you must have the extra power perhaps the 378 Weatherby is the correct way to go...

·
Registered
48 Posts

looking at the handload data, seems folks are getting anywhere from 50 - 200 fps more in the improved over the H&H (270 gr) so you just gotta figure whether it's what you want.
H&H you can find factory chambered, lots of dies readily available.
Imp has a bit more umph, reach, recoil, $$ for rechamber, dies, etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Weatherby reintroduced the 375Weatherby in one of their rifles. This will do the same as an improved 375 as that's all it is/was. You might do a little research there. H&H designed the 375 for long strands of cordite and a DGR with minimal chances of failure to feed. Weigh your options. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.