Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
lonewolf5348

You have me ??? ??? ??? ??? , all of the newer centerfire rifle barrels come on the SB2 frames . Or are you looking to see the barrel in the standard Handi stock set up with the Monti-carlo butt stock & forarm ?

stimpy

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Stimpy - I think he wants to know what it looks like with a blued frame, not a case hardened frame, I think, not real sure either. ???

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or are you looking to see the barrel in the standard Handi stock set up with the Monti-carlo butt stock & forarm ?
YOU GOT IT

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
Maybe this will help. ;)

Tim

405 Winchester 28" in gray Lams

BC in TDC stock set

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Quick, that TDC stock set looks great. I've been thinking about getting a set for one of my Handi's. Did you order it for H&R?

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
I got that one from Brownell's, but H&R has em too. I have a .44mag/357 with checkered TDC stock coming from H&R right now or shortly... hopefully!! :D When I order barrels, I only send them a frame and order a stock set for it, saves shipping costs. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim: thank you for the pictures: I will see what is on my mind I would like to load BP in the 38-55 to be honest looking for the cheap way out:I could keep my eye on the for sale items and try to land a BC Stock and then send my action to be fitted with a new new 38-55 barrel seem the cheap way out.I could see if walmart are getting back into selling the BC guns.
I have a few problems that keeping me in making a decision seem I need surgery on a few disc in my cervical neck that wore out over time:I think sometime in December maybe a week before the holidays and from I here the surgeon will fuse 3 disc and add a fiber cord between the disc to re-space them he states about looking at a 50 percent improvement anything is better then what I have now
hope he right:

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
RR has a bunch of em in stock. http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GCR3855

Hope the surgery goes well, my huntin partner just had cervical surgery, he has to wear a neck brace 24/7 for two months while it heals, we missed hunting season, fishing all summer and 3 weeks of spring turkey season this year due to it, hopefully next year will be better.

Tim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good luck with that surgery, I just went through the same thing just over a year ago. I had two titanium plates installed & two joints fused.

Trust me, you have plenty of time to wait for that rifle. If you have to shoot something, go for the .22LR or the .357 Mag Handi with 38's in it. It's a great time to get caught up on reloading!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thank you you for the kind words :I always thought I make it out of this world with out at any surgery at 61 years I never been in a hospital :I think I never went for a doctors visit until after I retired from the job back in 1989: the neck has been A pain in the neck for about 6 years now the 2 1/2 were the worst

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Lone wolf,
I shoot BP from my 38-55 barrel. It came with the BC style stocks but I removed them for the monte carlo style, and no I'm not selling them. With the neck issue, get the straight comb shotgun stock with the recoil pad, and shooting 250gr bullets with BP the recoil is like a 22 magnum. Lots of smoke and noise, but no recoil. It's a real blast to shoot.

Or if you want to scope it get the monte carlo style. Still very fun.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Quick, thanks for the info on the stocks. I ordered a set from H&R. All I could find on Brownell's site was the youth set. It will be a big improvement over the black painted one I have now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts