Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW MANY OF US HAVE A 38/55 ? :D What comments do you have about it ?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Me too--
I like the way the rifle feels when shooting offhand, like the sights, like the wood.

I thought it would be a fun gun and be easy to load for. I was half right.

After I got the scoop from JPH45 and others here, I am now happy with the other half--it's easy to load for you just need to accept a few idiosyncracies in technique forced on the reloader by the chamber/bore dimensions.

Or, you can shoot factory ammo that's a bit anemic and groups at 3-4 inches at 50.

My loads shoot into 1-1/2" at 50, with very little load work after getting over the "idiosyncracies".

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I like mine, It shoots them big bullets well. Its easally a MOA rifle, Just a little hard to get a handle on loading for it. I still may have the chamber reamed out on mine. I really like the way it looks and handles thou. 8)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Obviously to anyone who frequents here, I love mine. Like others it is a bit weird to load for, but most days the limiting factor on how well the gun shoots is me. Like Badnews Bob, mine is easily an MOA shooter. I mopved my load up to 11 .3 grains of #107, Blue Dot should substitute, the thing really likes it. I was shooting 7.2 grains but the groups were erratic. Not now. My barrel really likes 1300 fps and 1800 fps. I don't think we are a big segment of the Handi shooters but I'll bet the 38-55 shooters have some of hte most accurate Handi's made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts