Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any information on the 386 S&W with the Scandium alloy frame. I'm looking for a gun to use as a gun in deer scouting and generally walking around the woods .

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know it holds seven shot, weighs only 18.5 ounces, and has a three inch barrel. I think its an exellent choice for deer scouting, however recoil will not be pleasant. the other day I was having flinching problems with a 23ounce 357mag. If at all possble try to shoot one or something similar to it first. If you think you can handle it though get it! Its a powerfull gun with alot of rounds and weighs so little you'll forget its there untill you need it. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I rented that exact gun at the range yesterday...put 50 38 spc. and 50 357 mag through it. first shot with 357 got my attention but it wasnt harsh on the hand..just big blast to shoot..and it shot pretty well for me. Had a problem with sticky extraction on 357's..had to poke some out with a pen..no problems at all with 38's. My only concern is with the alloy frame/titanium cylinder and about long term durability..especially since i would put lots of 357 through it..it felt real well balanced for its weight in my hand so the heavy charges didnt seem bad at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts