Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the 3 would be best choice for dollars spent.
Bushnell Trophy multi-x
Nikon Pro Staff
Pentax Gameseeker

I am on fixed budget, SSI.
I want to put on my 50 cal. ML's Grey Hawk & Blk. Dia. i never load over 110 grs. of powder. So recoil will always be mild. Thanks
Would any of these work well on my Mohawk 243?

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have looked through the Bushnell and own a Prostaff, but I haven't had the opportunity to try a Gameseeker. I have found the Nikon scopes to hold their zero better than any other scope I have used, though I haven't experience with all makes and models. I have a Nikon Buckmaster on my 338RUM and it never shifts POI whenever I take it hunting and to the range. The Prostaff offers decent sight picture for the money as I have never seen a scope with this much clarity in a similarly priced competitor scope. For these reasons I would go with the Nikon.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I would go with the Japanese optics over cheap Chinese slave made stuff.
Nikon is real good. I put it at 85 to 90% the quality of Leupold or Weaver with 1/2 the price tag.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Nikon scopes are now built in China.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How about a Sightron? The SI models run around 110-120 bucks, the SII model is 200 bucks. Good scopes with killer warranties, if you ever need it. I guess I'm biased, I own more Sightrons than all other brands, but they work for me. Out of your choices I own Nikon and Bushnell, and I like the Sightrons better than both of those. YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts