Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have looked into having a 10mm barrel rechambered to the 40-44, but have doubts if the 10mm bullets will stay together at the velocity generated by this round, since they are meant to be pushed at 10mm Mag and 40 S&W speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bullet issue was one of my concerns also , but I think I will try one anyway. I will keep you posted on the bullet performance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally I think its a wast of a good barrel

Just use a 41,44 magnum or a good 45 long colt load. why menn with bottlenecked cartridged and the loading problems they provide when a straight walled case will do the same job as well or better. For general all around use i prefer the 44mag/45 colt. If you want something flatter use a 30-30 or a 223 for varmits both avaiable as factory barrels and rounds no wildcatting needed. I don't beleave in using a wildcat unless there id just something it just does MUCH better than a easily avaiable factory found (like the 375jdj round for instance thats a usefull wildcat but since I plan no big game safaris a 44 mag(or a 30-30) will do for the majority of my needs) JMHO
Jim L

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yes, why don't we all just shot a .22RF, a .30-06 and a 12 gauge; these will work for 99% of all shooting and makes things so very simple! :D

Seriously, sometimes having something different is a large part of the fun of shooting. A bottle necked case is easier to reload (neck sizing means no expander die - one less step, no lube) and this wildcat is quite uncommon. The bullet issue is real, but a 0.400" bullet is still large enough to use a falt pointed cast bullet to good effect. I'd be interested in how it works out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with lonestar 100%. I have all the guns mentioned but having something different is the point. Working the loads up to me,is not "work". It is half the fun!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Re: to each his own

Personally I'd rather be shooting than reloading buts thats just me I guess....
...and there is certainly nothing wrong with that sentiment either. Isn't this a great country - we can all enjoy shooting the way we like to. :grin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
!

For some folks reloading is half the fun. for me its just a means to an end the ability to shoot as cheaply as I can and make loads that no ammo company offers. For blasting and general use ammo I use my dillin square deals but for specility ammo I prefer my foster H pres or my Hornady O-mag. Lets face it when you need 50/70 for an antique Navy carbine rolling block you just ain't gonna find the ammo at your local Wal-mart. and thats a fact. but 38/357's 44's & 45's its to the dillin I go! Aint it wonderful to live in an almost free country!
Jim L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts