Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought from John Norris a section of 40mm AA gun some years back. After staying away 3" from where the barrel was cut with tourch's I will end up with a usuable section of 36". Most likely I will have a machine shop do the work. While it would fir between centers (40") between centers) The steady rest is only good for 2.750". The plan is to have both ends of the barrel faced off,then turn the breech side a straight center section. This so I can have a cylinder threaded internally to match the threads on the turned section on the barrel. 44mm comes out at 1.57". For the breech plug will be using a section of a B7 stud with matching threads inside the barrel. 8 threads per inch and will be using 2" of the B7 stud so 2x8=16 threads. but will attach a bar 1" in diameter to assist screwing in and out the fully threaded brechblock
This is the plan so far. I'd like for some of you all to check out what i've set forth so far and see if anything would pose a safety problem. Basically since the barrel is an alloy one and both pre and post treatments I will not be doing any welding on the tube. Regards, Frank

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.