Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Handgun Hunter, Target Shooter
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to put together parts for an XP-40X Center Grip Build.

NOTE: This Fits Better in the Rifle Section, than the Handgun Section.

I am going to try and keep the expense down on this build as much as possible using a few recycled parts.
My plan is to use a NEW "Un-Designated" Lone Star 40X Single Shot Action.
Rockwell Products Center Grip, Laminated Stock.
Either a NEW Del Taylor Center Grip Trigger Assembly, or a used XP100 Center Grip Trigger Assembly.
For a barrel I am hoping to locate a Take-Off 40X 22lr Barrel in good shape.

The end product will be a 22 LR version of my Nosler M48 Center Grip Hunting Handgun using the same Weaver Classic Extreme 2.5-10X Scope. Same Eye Relief, and hopefully close to the same Trigger Pull as the Nosler M48. This will be my Cheap to shoot, Trigger Time Practice gun.

If anyone knows where a 40X 22LR Barrel or XP100 Center Grip Trigger Assembly is laying around, let me know.

Hopefully more to come as I start putting this build together.

Bob R
[email protected]

·
Registered
Handgun Hunter, Target Shooter
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:
I have my 40X Bull Barrel in hand.
My 40X Single Shot Action has been ordered. It is to be a Remington Custom Shop Build. As a Custom Shop Build I requested that it be marked XP100 instead of 40X. "Fingers Crossed"
I have located a used XP100 Trigger Assembly, and it is in the mail headed my way.
I have also located an XP100 Barrel Lug. I will have my check in the mail for it this morning. The Trigger Assembly was missing the Barrel Lug.

That leaves the Mid-Grip Stock. It will probably end up being a Rockwell Center Grip for a Remington 700 Short Action. It will probably end up ordered in a Brown Laminate Color. I need to have a better look at what they offer. No rush as I have a 10-12 week wait on the action.

That will leave the Trigger Linkage Lengthening for the Gunsmith when I have it assembled.

With luck I will have it up and running in time for Pre-Deer Season Practice.

Bob R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts