Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did TC or others make any straight vent rib 410 handgun or shotgun barrels for the Contender? That is not designated 45/410. If so what lenghts were available? Screw in chokes?
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I don't remember any fixed choke on the carbine length shotgun barrels Walt, I think they were all screw-in like my 21" VR smooth bore barrel (including all of the bull VR pistol 45/410 barrels - 10" 14" 16" - have screw-in full chokes). Screw-in is kind of a joke on the 21" in as much as TC never offered anything but full chokes for them. If I get a chance I'll drag out my old TC catalogs and check to be sure. Kinda seems like they also offered a .....

Edit to add...

Drug out the cats and I did forget the 24" VR smooth bore barrels they brought out with the G2's (also with screw-in full choke).

So the answer to your question Don is these two configs are all they offered in a straight 410 smooth bore for the Contender/G2.

L.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
They're bull barrel profile, not tapered.
Larry

Here's my mint 21".....

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I never shot this one before the health went south, it might even be unfired its so clean. But I've had a couple of them before that I did use mostly for cottontails, mourning doves, sharptails, pine hens, etc. Worked great for them, especially the bunnies in thick cover because they swing so easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts