Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am not new to the Contender, I have had mine for +25 years but I have never had any other barrels on it except the 10 inch .22 lr. My Dad bought this gun for me to shot IHMSA with when I was just a little squirt. Resontly I have been looking at .410s for rabbit hunting and I have been looking at the Reminton and Browning pump .410s. On day I was looking at my contender and thought about turning this into a .410 single. I was thinking about a Fox River .410 barrel for my pistol and a Boyds stock and forend.

I guess my question is... Will this make a good setup and will this Boyds forend work with a Fox River Barrel? Further, how do you go about getting the Fox River barrels?

Thanks for the help guys,
Jay

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I think you mean Fox Ridge. There is a link to their phone number and caliber chart on the T/C arms web site. A 21" barrel is around $245 in blue but I can't speak to the 410. I would go with the pump for rabbit to get off a follow up shot. The Remington 870 is a really nice 410 pump and on a budget, the Mossberg 500 is even cheaper. It's your choice but I would steer away from a single shot scatter gun for rabbit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got the TC carbine barrel (21") in SS, and it patterns really well. It does seem to throw the pattern high, kind of like a miniture trap gun. I've shot lots of rabbits with mine, generally hunting in heavy brush, you only get one shot any way. Even in the desert on Jacks, after the first shot if ya missed they're out of range. Anyway they are a neat little carry all day type gun, for a smooth bore I couldn't see getting a custom barrel. Check with Ed's Contenders he's pretty reasonable. RR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.