Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently without a .44, but was just thinking how much fun it was to plink up a box of heavy cast out of the 10.5-inch SBH. That particular revolver was the easiest to shoot accurately of any of the .44s that have passed through my hands, and it was a special joy to shoot from the Keith back rest position. What a hoot to walk those big old Lee slugs up on a rock out at 300 yards or so.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
:cb2: Now that just ain't right. Everybody should have at least one 44!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Of all the handguns I've had, those in .44 Mag were the easiest to get to shoot well. :D

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Everyone has to have a 44 MAG. :D

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Like a 44 on steroids. :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Huh! Tell me about it! Double muffs are a must, a pull sling helps A LOT, it's accurate, fun (for a few shots anyway), sure get's the attention, and man talk about a powerhouse. Hopefully it will draw blood this year. It's going to make a great deer dropper.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
Reed1911 said:
Huh! Tell me about it! Double muffs are a must, a pull sling helps A LOT, it's accurate, fun (for a few shots anyway), sure get's the attention, and man talk about a powerhouse. Hopefully it will draw blood this year. It's going to make a great deer dropper.
I know what you mean, I had one that was a 10 inch also. :D

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I always wanted another one with a 10" barrel SBH I sold my RBH w/7 1/2"bbl years ago. I like the 7 1/2" bbl. RRH a lot much more than the 5 1/2"bbl. Longer barrels sure do rule with less recoil. But lately the BFR in 500 S&W mg. is starting to grow on me I heard they handle very well too with the long barrel.

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
BigBill said:
I always wanted another one with a 10" barrel SBH I sold my RBH w/7 1/2"bbl years ago. I like the 7 1/2" bbl. RRH a lot much more than the 5 1/2"bbl. Longer barrels sure do rule with less recoil. But lately the BFR in 500 S&W mg. is starting to grow on me I heard they handle very well too with the long barrel.
I have 2 S&W500's but I still like to shoot my 44 MAG... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 5.5" Bisley Vaquero in .44mag. It is about my limit in the big boom and recoil department. Anything bigger then that I will take in a rifle please...
8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts