Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, decided to load up some .44 spec. last night. Setting the seating/crimping die, which I usually do separately, but decided to do in one step. Brand new R/P brass, and a box of 200gr. Speer HP I've had for 20+ years, hiding in the back of the bench. Already had the Lyman ''M'' die in the turret press for .44mag. Just loosened it up, and ran it down. Everything was going well, started to seat and crimp bullets. 4 out of the 50, the bullets slipped down into the case, before the crimp would tighten up. Boy, did I get frustrated!! Couldn't figure out, what the he** was going on. Then, it dawned on me, brand new brass. I hadn't run them threw the full length sizer! Pulled the bullets and powder, ran them threw the FL sizer with the decapping pin removed, turned the turret back to the Lyman die, re-flared the case's, put in powder and bingo. Bullet stayed in place until bullet was in place and crimped the brass. I've been reloading so much used brass lately, forgot sometimes you have to run new brass threw the FL sizer. Forgive me guys, only been doing this for 40+ years, forget the simple things sometimes. gypsyman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.