Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I've been wondering about rechambering my 14 inch hunter 44 mag barrel to 444, has anyone got any experience with this conversion and can you recommend anyone who will do a good and prompt job with the rechambering? I know that some folks will recommend the 445, but I already have dies and brass for the 444 and don't care to start buying new dies and expensive brass if I don't need to.

I appreciate your views in advance.

regards,
Graycg

·
Banned
371 Posts
44 to 444

I had JD Jones of SSK Industries do my conversion and I added an Arrestor brake. Quality work thruout. I feel if it is a TC conversion SSK is the way to go. This is an easy conversion for any quality gunsmith. The Contender will handle this cartridge with no problem. Good luck & hang-on!!!!!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Like Tim, I sent mine out to JDJ. Pistol was magnaported and a T'SOB mount was added.
Pistol shoots unbelievably small groups at 100yds and can easily hit a spackle pail lid at 200 yards everytime. This is with full throttle 240gr bullets.
This pistol is rather fierce in the recoil department. Certainly not for the average pistolero :) :eek: :)
VH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts