Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many of you would like a 445sm rather than a 44mag.been thing about getting a reamer and then renting it out to all that wants to use it or getting a group buy going for one.

if there isnt enough interest in a reamer i will just rent one or wait until i get a PM back from the fello here that has one.

·
Registered
922 Posts
44mag to 445sm (how many of you want to do

I'd be willing to go in on a group buy on one. or however it would work out. Hope this comes together. If it does it would be cheaper than each of of renting our own.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts

When I rented mine no one was sure about doing it,and as soon as I sent it back my son called and wanted to do his TC 44 mag barrel and Marv would have done his also except his barrel was'nt handy at the time. If Lik2hunt ever sends his in for a 44 barrel,he may be interested. Digger

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

I've got a definite interest in getting in on this. Looks like I'll be selling one of my bolt actions to come up with some $$$ for getting my computer fixed and I should have just about enough left to either buy a new 44 mag Handi or just a barrel, either way it'll become a 445sm soon after. Gonna probably do this by the end of this week. So I'd say I'm pretty sure I'd be in on a group reamer deal right now.
I'm only getting to check and post here about once a day now but it's not for very long at a time so I'll be at least watching this thread to see what develops.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

you see now john i told you about them bolt actions , their unholy . you need to stick to just Godly guns like handi's and umm well just handi's. if you ask me i think god broke your computer just to get you to stop buying those demon bolt guns. :grin: BTW did i say that i back slid and held one of those steven's 200 for a long time just the other day??

Jeff i'm in on the group buy i'm going to send mine back here soon to get a few barrel's.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

Well you noticed I didn't say I'd be selling off one of my Handis to get $$$ to fix the computer. :wink: :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

I might be interested, I am sending off for a new 44 barrell and a 7.62x39 this week. Will they shoot .44mags/specials just the same? And what do you gain over the regular 44s? 8)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Bob there is a big jump from from the 44mag to the 445 super mag.the 445 is close to the 444 at least out of a pistol.the brass runs about the same price as the 444 brass.the bad thing about the 445 is the price of the brass.the 44mag brass is very cheap and the 445 brass runs about $31.00 a hundred

·
Registered
922 Posts

If this comes together with enough people we could some people together to do a bulk brass buy too.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts

Badnews Bob said:
I might be interested, I am sending off for a new 44 barrell and a 7.62x39 this week. Will they shoot .44mags/specials just the same? And what do you gain over the regular 44s? 8)
I'm getting 2126 fps with slightly less than a max load for the 240 gr Rem.bullet,and 1977 fps with the 300 gr.XTP. Whitetails and hogs should hate it. Digger

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

it looks like there may be 5 people that want to do a recamber.if we can get a few more a rechamber wont cost us that much at all.im thinking the rechamber will run us about $20.00 but then there is the price of the brass to think about :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

Jeff as I said in your other thread I am interested as I have a 44 Mag barrel & a 357 Barrel comming thet need punched out. Thanks. Bob

·
Registered
489 Posts

jeff223 said:
but then there is the price of the brass to think about :)
Yep, 30 odd cents apiece is steep for brass but fortunately it's reusable, and for plinking I can use Mag brass. I love my Max and I'd love to do a Super. Was looking to rent a reamer 'til you came up with this idea. Can't wait. Mag is a dream to shoot (easy on the shoulder) Super can't be much more, and a heck of a lot less than my .45-70 with the heavy slugs. :cry:
Just holler when you're ready. 8)

Lamar....

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts

quickdtoo said:
If you think .32¢ a piece is expensive

Xactly my point, Super brass ain't no more than .444 Marlin brass, and cheaper than some of the rest. 32 cent brass ain't a real big problem, a hundred here and a hundred there. 8)

Later....

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

:roll: :roll: :? :shock: :) :grin: :lol: :twisted: And I don't even have the barrel yet. 8)

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts

If they have em in stock!!! I've sent frames in more than once only to find out they were out of the barrels I wanted.....25-06 and 45-70. :( One took 7 weeks the other 9 weeks.

Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts