Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45-70 Handi for trade. This is not a new rifle, it is used and looks it. It has some minor dings and scratches. It will shoot a 2 1/2 inch group offhand at 50 yds. using hand cast hard lead 340g bullets. Will do better with jacketed factory loads and handloads. I has a survivor stock on it. There is also a a pallet board stock with a Limb Saver pad. It has a Schnabbel type forearm. The forearm and pallet stock are painted with truck bed spray. The pallet butt has had a piece of wood added to it to lengthen it. It doesn't look bad and is quite functional. I also have a used take off from a BC that I will let go with it.
These are all parts that I got here at various times and none are new. If you're looking for a pretty gun keep looking. If you want a darn good shooter thatt you can fix up to your liking this might be it. Its perfectly functional and the barrel and the receiver came together from the factory I'm told.I just was made aware that the barrel may not have been fitted by H&R as the barrel has a different 3 digit number then the serial. If that means it was home fit or just happened to fit then thats what it is. I got them from Remington Magnum a couple of years ago. Good solid lock up though. I may have a BC peep and a scope base to throw in for the right trade.
I am looking to trade it plus some cash (depending on the trade) for a Marlin or Glenfield 30-30 or 35 rem. Wood stock condition is immaterial. Bluing or metal finish condition immaterial as long as its not rusted or pitted. Rifle should be fuctional with a good non pitted bore.
Pictures later tonight.
Best to PM me rather then post.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 45/70 Handi for trade

Well..................I rather see if I get any offers to trade. There is no conscience problem with a trade, however, if you have cash in hand sometimes it get spent on foolish stuff like curtains. ;)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Re: 45/70 Handi for trade Have pics

I have a .30-30 Barrel with scope mounted that I will trade straight up for your Barrel and peep.
See my posting in NEF Classifieds.

alan

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts

I'd take the BC stock if ya would part it out. Kurt

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry guys I have been away from the computer. I'm not really interested in other trades. I think the BC stock is spoken for as for the rest I'd have to get $175 shipped to your FFL. Barrel, receiver, peep sight, and extra stock. Includes the survivor stock as well.
I'm waiting on another offer at the moment. Will have an answer tonight or in the morning. PM me with any questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts

Check your e-mail it was messed up last night we are good to go

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts

I realize I am very late with this but if things all go haywire on this deal and the BC buttstock that has been modified and cut square becomes available because Kurt aka Phatinjun changes his mind please put me in line for it...Thanks (how long is it after cutting it square? It looks almost the same length)....<><....:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: 45/70 Handi >>>>Traded

The BC stock is gone and the rest is going to Foggy in a trade. Thanks for the interest guys.
Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts