Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow! I don't think I could unleash too many of those from my No. 3 without a heavy dose of asprin first. :wink:

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Don't have anything that walks, crawls, swims or flys around these parts that I would need the pile driver for!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
For the animals that I hunt here in Arkansas ( Deer, Bear & Hogs) if I choose the proper angle, I could cure their Sore Throat & Hemorrhoids
with one shot. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just wonder what garretts 540 grain hammerhead has

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Mr. Frosty..........you seen something up your way I haven't seen down here?

Where, and what are ya going to hunt with a 540 grain hammerhead.................and why haven't you invited your neighbors? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just the rats are getting meaner is all :lol:
I just like the sounds on those different loads from the beartooth, garrett
etc. have out just cool names

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Looks like to much for my contender 45/70. Would probably brake springs
Better stay away from those big bullets. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I shoot a .458 winnie, overkill maybe, but it sure is fun. Last year the local news reported a large African male lion had killed its keeper and escaped its compound. Not a good place for the deer cartridges. With all the exotics that are out here, and many cheesy enclosures, I don't think a boxful of these heavy rounds are out of the question at all.
Between zoo animals escaping, circus animals getting loose, and who knows what some locals are keeping in their back yard.
The 458 rocks and will continue to do so!
Halfbreed

·
Registered
947 Posts
Looks alot like the bullets made by cast performance bullet company. Grizzly ammunition company loads the CP bullets they have a 460WFNGCat 1800 fps and i like there 420WLFNGC at 2050fps

·
Registered
722 Posts
I shoot 550gr JB-Joung Crater's @ 1580fps in my Marlin 1895GS with a Magnum "Kick-Eez" recoil pad with no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
while I am sure those are fine bullets.......there ain't nothing roaming
the forests here in Wa state..... or Oregon that my lil ol 400 grn
speer won't dispatch. Traveling up the trail at 1675 FPS. Its a load.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts