Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the thread on the .45 Colt compatability with .454 Casull '92 lever actions.

Assuming it's the same jamming problem that happens with .38 Specials fed through a '92 Rossi .357 Mag, I think the shorter .45 Colt case gets thrown too far or flipped vertical.

This problem is discussed ad-nauseum on the CAS forums - mostly with respect to the .38 spl in .357 mag lever guns.

THERE ARE SOLUTIONS!! I've read that the problem can be fixed by shimming up the guides so that the case just barely fits in between 'em. Something like that.

As far as the strength of the '92 action. Everything I've ever read is that they are extremely strong. Even surpassing the '94.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I load for a Rossie and a Winny Model 1892 in .357 Mag ( some one converted the winny , some time in the past ) . And a S&W .357 wheel gun .

I have a lot more .38 Special brass than I do .357 brass .

I load Lee home cast bullets . I seat the bullets ( in .38 Special brass ) one groove further out / longer . This gives me an OAL and internal volume ~ that of .357 Mag brass .

This pretty mush solves the feeding problem . Assuming the bullet nose / shape feeds OK .

RN or RNFP feed well in hand gun caliber lever guns . Anything else may or may not feed OK .

Different guns have different idioschencries (sp) .

Of course , the wheel gun does not care .

God bless
Wyr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts